We get our share of wildlife here in suburban Connecticut. A few years ago a pair of twin baby deer passed through our backyard. It's still a sight to behold a herd of white tail deer looking lost and confused ambling down the street.
Monday, March 28, 2016
Friday, March 18, 2016
Our youngest grandchild turned 4 yesterday. It was his heart's desire to spend the day with Grandpa and Grandma rather than spend the day in daycare on Grandparents' Day.
After a hot dog and fries with an ocean view, he spied invading pirates at the playground,
On a beautiful, late winter day, and a walk along the seawall with Grandpa, we headed home for ice cream. A birthday boy should get to enjoy his day the way he wants to.
Tuesday, March 8, 2016
Linking back today to Katherines Korner for Thursday's Blog Hop
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Healthy, fast and yummy. And on the table about a half hour after you walk in the door. Take your coat off, feed the dog, kiss the kids. Put some music on, light a candle. Pour yourself a refreshing beverage. Go!
1. The night before, you put your frozen salmon fillets in a marinade made from 1/3 cup of soy sauce, 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1/3 cup of water, 1/4 cup of oil, a couple of shakes of garlic powder and lemon pepper. Into a plastic bag they went and back into the fridge to wait for you to come home. Take them out of the fridge while you pour your glass of wine.
2. Get the water going in a 2 quart pot for your Lundberg Family Farms Parmesan Risotto.
3. Chop a couple of cloves of garlic (to add later) and melt some butter in a 10 inch sautee pan for the squash recipe.
4. Pour your pre-made salad into bowls if you can't convince another family member to make it.
6. Sautee the butternut squash in the melted butter, stirring frequently.
7. Cook the risotto (which should take about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.)
8. Flip the salmon over and slide the skillet into the oven for the last 10 minutes that the risotto needs.
9. After the squash softens slightly, add the garlic to the pan. When the squash appears shiny, add about a quarter cup of parmesan cheese to the squash.
10. Add a salad and you're done. Who says healthy can't be fast?
The salmon recipe is Allrecipes Grilled Salmon I. The squash recipe is on the back of the package. I never tried this pre-cut winter squash before and it was nice - something different and FAST!